Saturday, September 17, 2011

Everyone has their guilty pleasures that they get awkward about when their significant other catches them red handed. Some are harmless (chocolate, sweets, twilight, undying love for nsync) and some of those guilty pleasures are very bad (infidelity, a secret substance addiction, Ricky Martin). Though my girlfriend is perfect in every way, shape and form, and even though she does countless after countless nice thing for me, and always looks gorgeous, I must admit she might have one as well: Visiting the local animal shelter.

Now, this is not really a guilty pleasure, if you are in the right state of mind. There are plenty of good reasons to visit the animal shelter: To look for your lost pet; maybe you go frequently because it has a habit of escaping. Maybe you go to volunteer service. The shelter is also a great place to adopt new pets. But if you already have enough pets for your small apartment, and you are going to their to avoid other important duties (going to the DMV, doing homework, cleaning your boyfriends how. just kidding, but seriously) and going to the shelter to spend 2 hours just staring at the lovely little precious animals, you might have a problem

This problem is most obvious when the girlfriend in question answers my phone call sheepishly and the conversation goes as follow:

Me: "Hi honey"
Girlfriend: "Hi..."
Me: "What are you up to?"
GF: "noottthhhinnnnnn"
Me: "Why do you sound like your hiding something?"
GF: "Idunno..."
Me: "Why did I hear a meow"
GF: "..."
Me: "Are you at the animal shelter"
GF: "NO!!"
Me: "(laughter) You know I can't get a kitten right now"
GF: "Yeah but..."

Clearly their is some guiltful feelings here as she knows that going to the animal shelter is slightly pointless just like binge eating is pointless. Yes, we know it feels soooo good, and your endorphines rage and when you look into that little kitty's eyes, it's like looking into a snow globe and ooo-la-la. But what I'm sayin is... You're only gonna make yourself sad!! At the end of the day you can't take all those little kittens home and love em and squeeze and hug em till you wanna just wanna EAT THEIR WITTLE FACES!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm sure it could be worse, and I don't think I'm going to try to make my girlfriend change because it is an endearing quality that I find cute, but boy is it a laugh when she calls to try not say that she's looking at kittens for me.

1 comment:

kay said...

Oh Will, She's so dang cute. I love her ! !