Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day weekend!

So what did ya'll do?

Well I had some set backs, but mostly I had a great weekend! I did some recording, and I got 3 songs finished. All that needs to be done is for them to be mixed and mastered! How cool right? I'm totally stoked. One is a song I've been foolin with on the piano for a number of years, and finally made somethin of it. Another is a Guitar lick I had been messin around with, again for a number of years, that we flipped around and turned into a funk/rock/bee-gee's sorta song. It was one of the funnest songs i've recorded in a long time. It's not to be takin to seriously, but at the same time, I hope no one takes it as me making fun of any genre. Especially with my lyrics, and vocal melody, I was trying to pay tribute to where the music's soul originates. I'm thrilled about it, and then one more personal song, that has a lot of special meaning. It's code name is "Golfing Green". It's a feel good song for sure. I'm so lucky to be able to do what I do, and live where I live, to be able to express myself artistically/musically!! It's lovely. I also love the extra time I'm spending on my blog, rather than facebook!

1 comment:

Kay said...

I'm so excited for you. I can hardly wait to hear what you've recorded. Your dad is frustrated because he says, "that I've been writing some very good stuff" . (Humility I haz it) hahha Honestly, it's very interesting music. Still, I want to hear your music.