Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"'That's there business not mine.' Now I know how wrong I was. The murder of my son has shown me that what happens to any of us, anywhere in the world, had better be business of us all" - Mamie bradley

She was the mother of Emmett Till. Right now I am reading "eyes on the prize" by Juan Williams for my US history class, and what I read scares me and impowers me. Supremacy of any kind can be used by a majority to manipulate any culture, race, society, or one single individual or idea.Without sounding racist myself,Blacks were nothing special. They were a color of people. The Jews are nothing special. Gays are nothing special .. they are simply different people of different socialogical backgrounds. It is scary the hate, and indifference the world so often times possessed. It is important to hear the voices of people who have been told to keep quiet for centuries so that we know how to raise our own if ever   the time comes (and I hope it doesn't).


No comments: