Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good evening!

Tonight. Eventful. Spectacular. Reflective.

A lot can be said of this day. Today I finished my first job with my father where I was given full rains of decision making on panel layout for a job out in Orange County. For those of you who read this who don't know, I install solar panel systems. This is no easy task and if you look at pictures, it looks simple enough, but that's because its done right. Lots of thought, and detail goes into this process. So I'm glad I could prove myself.

I have more proving to do this evening. Tonight is my first show playing for Amue, my new band. I'm special guesting tonight. I'll be playing the last song, which is great, I'm content. I get to prove to the band that I'm for real. I get to prove to myself that I am capable of this. It's somewhat of a land mark. Right? Right.

Tonight I get to watch The Dark Night at midnight, I will be with my friends, and a friend from Temecula who I think is pretty cute too. ;)

Today is also the birthday of a very special lady. My sister in law is 28 today. Although she is passed, we celebrate instead her life. She is 28. Not "She would be 28 today". This would seem so dramatic, it is I suppose, but her spirit, her life is soo strong in my family, and her families life, to speak in past-tense. She's no longer with us, and we miss her. I rely on my faith to know that I will see her again. *Smile*

I'm not sure how my brother is doing today. I hope he's doing alright. I thought I would dedicate part of this blog to Traci McKnight. She was so special. She was the sister I never had. For a long time I called her sis, cause I don't have any sisters. Honestly, she tamed my brother in many respects I felt. She was his voice many times when he didn't want to speak. She was his humour when he wanted to laugh but didn't know how. She was the apple of his eye, and can never replaced. What is that slogan or phrase? Often imitated, never duplicated... Speaks a special tone for Traci. I loved her addictive smile, and her warm laugh. I loved the way she looked at my brother, and when they dated, I admired there love and hoped someday that I would have the same. I still admire there love. Through thick and thin, they loved each other.

She treated me so well. On occasion even put me in place. I remember one time in particular, I was probably 18 or 19 and it was summer, when my mom left for girls camp. I had the whole house to myself for a week, and by the end of that week it certainly looked like I had. So the day before my mom came home, Traci cracked the whip and made me clean the house. I was pretty irritated at how much she made me clean, but my mother came home and was so pleased at the how clean things were. Of course, Traci had to take some of the credit, and probably took more than her fair-share, because my mother praised her and found my stubbornness to be "typical". Thanks Traci for that one :P

I love thinking of her because I feel so warm and happy. I love thinking of the great times we had. 4th's of July, Christmas, Easter. She was a laugh and a half, and always had a good story to share. I miss her, but I feel at ease with how everything as folded. It is a weird way to have to live, but I believe in a plan that makes this right. Positive, positive, positive. Gotta be, always will be.

Love for Traci. Love for Mitch. Love for Mitch & Traci. The Girls. The fam. The Friendships. The good times. Smile. Smile. Laugh. Laugh. Ha. Ha. Oh ya. Miss that girl.

William.

2 comments:

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

Willy, I didnt know you had a blog :D And I didnt know a lot about what is going on with you either! SHAME. You need to tell me when you have shows so I can come watch. And your blog was very sweet about Traci. And you know what's weird... my sister's birthday is the 17th also and she is also named Traci. Spelled the same way and everything-crazy. You and I... we were meant to be friends. Don't you forget it or me or our fun times. I love you!

Cassandra said...

Hi Willums... I found your blog link on facebook, (after cracking into my sister's account during this extremely long graveyard shift and the impending weight of boredom), and I have been reading your posts and catching myself up on parts of your life that I missed before we became friends of a special nature :) This post gave me a lump in my throat and a tear or two escaped down my cheeks. It made me want to know you better and even made me love you a little more than I already do. I am not sure if you even keep up with your blog anymore, but I wanted you to know that. Thank you for being you. You make ME smile... x