Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hope

In my angst, I had a special experience. A perfect picture of darkness and of light.

Tuesday as I came back from Arizona, I worked that afternoon. In the city of concord I went to a lady's house to do the service. She came to me at the end of the service, and was slightly rude, but not enough to really get upset about, when up pulled a car and a young man my age- or maybe slightly younger stepped out. In his passing, he said to the lady who was maybe his mother or quite possibly his grandmother, "I should punch you in the face, you got me sick". I could not believe what I just heard. She winced at the message delivered; I don't think it was the first time she had been talked to like that, and all she could say with not much voice at all, "Such an charming young man"... Obviously being sarcastic, I could only tell her, "I will hold my tongue"

To the very opposite of that story, I went a few hours later to a home where I knocked on the door, and with a broom like poll in one hand a phone in my other, a young little girl came out with her mother at the doorway. Without any thought of harm or etiquette the little girl gave me a hug. I was needing a hug that day for many reasons, and the perfect, unbiased love that resonated through her was miraculous. I did not know what to do. It just sort of happened and her mother looked at the situation with approval so I did not worry of any sort of backlash.

I tell these two quick stories as a quick moment of two obvious forces raging in today's society. It does not take an all too religious person to realize that my generation is scary. We are not nice. We are a generation that has been founded on greed, deceit and feeling of entitlements. My generation is so negative. It scares me. Granted, not all my generation is like this.

On the other hand is a rising generation of children much like the little girl I met, who so far, are some of the nicest children I've ever met. I've lost a lot of hope with my generation, and I hope that the children I raise, and that the world raises will teach there parents what it is to be good people, because it is obvious to me that so many out there do not have that good nature. I believe there is a generation rising that will look past there parents afflictions and addictions and rise to there own and will abandon some of the horrible things that is so prevalent right now in society.

That little girl made me feel better, and also gave me a lot of hope.

No comments: