Thursday, July 23, 2009

I was honestly just shopping online

Current mood: Smiling.
Current Song: Sufjan Stevens - Jacksonville

I love to imagine you in the clothes I've created.
I'd take the time to examine your figure.
Take all the measurements and look in your eyes,
and see how the fabric would compliment your smile.
I'm no seamstress, and my textiles may take time,
but in the meantime could I buy you your favorite shoes?
Would you allow me to buy you that pretty yellow dress?
Cause you're looking at it, like... maybe you should marry it.
So then I thought maybe I could get you another and surprise you.
I know you didn't like that dress but you still wore it.
And we fell more in love when you even admitted it wasn't your style.
I loved you for that because I knew that you meant it.
You don't keep anything from me, and you see we're like stitches.
We're like two cups of tea; I'll be peppermint, You can be whatever you like.
You're like that summer dress that I finally finished.
A tad shear, and you coulda fixed it, but you just wink.
I wanna be the boy with the straw hat, to take ya to the races.
Wanna be my gal?
Let's dress up in our Sunday best everyday,
And skim the pond in a boat for two.
I wanna meet with friends and peers,
you meet with your gal's and talk about how we're such slobs
and how our guy Tommy bought Suzy that lil Record player to dance to.
But we both know, we dance better than they ever did.
It's gonna be a good life, ya know.
Because ya know, well... You just know.

No comments: