Friday, February 26, 2010

Back Home

Grab cup. Gently put straw into mouth. SIIIIIIPPP. Enjoy taste of tea. Swallow. Repeat.

Simple right? Usually, but then throw in the fact that you are enjoying your tea in a town that you didn't really expect yourself to be in. It's not really that it is a bad town, or that the situation is even close to being life threatening, it's just the fact that sometimes you don't expect to be in certain places, good and bad. God gives us blessings, sometimes they are to enjoy, sometimes they are there for growth. I think this one might be for growth.

I'm home! I'm back in Southern California, for the next foreseeable future. I'm content, mostly. I don't want to be back in with my parents because I'm too damn indepedent, and I feel like at 24 you should try to live on your own if possible, so I hopefully will be able to do that SOON!

I've got a lot to do in the next coming weeks. I need to MOVE! I need to get a new job, I need to collect unemployment if possible, I need to enjoy my friends that I've had for years out here, and I need to start new friendships, and maybe relationships?? All these sound like fine ideas to me, and I think I have a lot of good things going for me.

I got a few bad things going for me as well. I still have debt. I have a car that hasn't passed smog yet. I have some rent that I need to pay to a kind friend in Seattle. I have a new ticket from the retarded WA state police. Oh and I found a ticket from when I got back to my car when I got off the BART. But I'm not here to be negative, I'm just tellin myself this so I can remember how good I was at shucking and jiving at this sorta stuff.

I'm super excited though! I got a new camera! I just bought a canon XSi and I can't be more thrilled about it! I love art, and I love photography and I can't wait to start a new project and to start learning about the photography world. Recently I started writing for a website www.indierockreviews.com and I've been having a super enjoyable time doing that. The only problem is, is I've felt a little bit limited because all the writers have cameras and I didn't! Now I do and we're off to the races!

I'm really excited because I've wanted to go into journalism for the past year, and this is an intricate part of what writers do. They capture photos of the events around them and write about it. I'm so excited to start doing those things, because I'm finally beginning to get into the field of what I want to be doing for the rest of my life!

It's takin me 24 years to finally figure out what I wanna do, but with a few dropped semesters, and a few bad grades in classes I had no interest in, I'm finally in a position where I know what I want to be when I grow up, and I can't be more excited. So to be getting a decent camera for this is very much a stepping stone for what I am gonna do for my life. It set me back a little and it might make some of my debtors mad that I bought it, instead of paying them, but a mechanic needs tools. I need my camera!

Anyways, so consequently, my blog will be changing a tad. I will be putting up photo's from my outings and that's gonna be a lot of fun. We'll see what happens, maybe I'll need to start a new blog for all the stuff that I start doing! But we'll see. Like I said, I'm just getting started so I'm gonna have fun just shooting photo's- and another thing is, is I hope that I can start shooting my family and my friends and be a person that has memories for them to look back on! Isn't that sweet?

I'm very excited to have this new camera, these new adventures and all this sounds really super exciting and fantastic but I think now's the time to stop writing and start doing!!!

2 comments:

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

i love it!

Kay said...

It's just a stepping stone for many