Friday, October 15, 2010

If you read my blog, I want to read yours too (if you have one). Please take a moment to comment on this post, and leave me your blog address. That is everyone!! Everyone!! I mean everyone!!

Once again. I should be asleep, but this time around, I feel dehydrated, so I am sipping, gulping, drinking water. I'm on my 3rd bottle... Dunno why. I drank alot today, and drank alot at dinner... I drank alot of spicy food... Maybe that counteracted all my hard work trying to be hydrated?

Lately I've been obsessed with the Spoken word. It's election season, and I'm trying my damndist to try to become once again informed, so I am scowering the internet for information; especially on the race for governor between John Brown, and Meg Whitman. I am a liberal conservative so my intentions will most likely to be to vote for Mrs. Whitman, but I am saddened by some of the tactics of each candidate. Alot of mud slinging is being thrown. Names are being called, and people are lying and cheating to scrape for poll results. Ultimately, I hope the voter remembers what they believe for the values of there own self, and what they want for this state.

Waiting for Superman is a move I really want to see soon. I also want to see the Pat Tillman story, which is a documentary about the government cover-up of a semi-celebrity-turned soldier who was killed in the middle-east. First issued as dying in a heroic fight, it was later determined he died in friendly-fire, and to make matters the worse, the government tried to hide these not-so-good-to-hear facts from the family.

I'm also listening to alot more podcasts. Freakanomics is a book I read that is written by a couple economists who study the effects of "incentives" as the relate to everyday situations, or not so everyday situations, like Sumo-wrestler, Crack dealers, School teachers, just to name a few, and if it seems weird that any of these people who have any sorts in common. Give this book a look... (ha, Rhyme)
Really interesting read, and now they have it as a podcast. So that's been alot of fun to listen to. I've also been listening to a little bit more talk radio. Progressive, Conservative, public, Christian, etc. I just have felt like I've needed to try to listen more to opinions, and get more facts in my life. I am constantly listening to music, and feeding my emotions and mind with sonic waves, which are stimulating and help my calm my nerves and things. But I'm trying to listen the the lyrics, and learn things, and I feel like I am. But I need more input! (short-circuit anyone? ps. franchise reboot- look it up) So I am turning to inspiring lectures, talks, etc.

Time to soak up spongy sorta stuff... Like... More water!!!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm following you Wills, you know my blog:)

Kensie said...

http://kensielove24.blogspot.com/

My name is Willy said...

I gotchoo robyn