Sunday, October 10, 2010

The swing of an iron.

With every stroke takin, there is a greater likelihood of perfection. With every stroke not takin, is another destiny unfulfilled. Michael Jordan said of his basketball career, "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

Take the shot. Take the shot. Take the shot. In confidence we can do anything. In trust, we are given the worlds most tremendous opportunities. This trust has to be realized by ones self many times to be offered by others. I suppose we have these divines circumstances, where we are entrusted with great opportunities without any real qualifications. Look at Moses. Look at Joseph of Egypt (to a certain extent). Joseph Smith. But with all of these figures, there is a confidence they had in something. It may have been confidence in there own faith, rather than own intellectual or physical abilities.

I am thankful for my mind. Sometimes I am my most worse enemy. I can think a situation into a strangle-hold. I can literally destroy a concept, situation, and bury it with my mental abilities. I can paint a canvas with life, vitality, sound, and depth. But it all depends on its application. Does it cause good, or does it cause bad. I never really know. It is important to remember positivity in all things. To give place for positive thoughts, always and to not enrich negative thoughts and feelings always, and in no circumstances deviate from this rule. Although easier said than done, it helps to have a strong spirit, a mental sense of balance, and SLEEP!!!! Which I really should be doing, I might mention. But I find that caffeine stimulates some of my most thought provoking instances. This night being no exception, it is 2am.

I've had a good time tonight listening to music, and dancing, and being with friends, celebrating birthdays, and quietly, sitting on a train platform bouncing concepts of the future, in my head. Reading scriptures, when I am feeling negative about things have been a rediscovered blessing. Technology is really empowering when used correctly. Feeling negative? Put positive books are your iPhone, Android, blackberry device. Download podcasts, mp3's of lectures, books ans scriptures, that will let new thoughts and reaffirm old concepts in your head. With a trusty set of headphones, you can do it all by in a quiet non-obtrusive manner. :)

Anyways, life is no pearl. I believe right now it's more like a watermelon. I hate watermelon. But you gotta eat the fruit, and spit out the seeds. Or else a baby watermelon will grow in your stomach, and you'll blow up. sick... But seriously, sometimes it's not all sweet, and maybe also like piece of fish, careful not to lodge somethin in your throat, that may suffocate you and possibly kill you, trash your vocal chords, or trachea... actually nevermind... think positive, think positive.

No comments: